Monday, February 23, 2009

Art Contest

Each year, the boys submit an art project for the Indiana Homeschool Convention.  (This is the first year that Ryan and I won't be attending because we have decided to go to Cincinnati for the Midwest Homeschool Convention this year.  However, Indiana hold a children's conference during their convention that I thought the boys would enjoy attending.  So this year, I will take them to Indy on Friday only for the children's conference.)


Anyway, since the boys will get to see the artwork submitted to the convention, I thought they should submit their own this year also.  Here are their submissions. 


Nicolas's age group include a choice to draw an illustration from a favorite book.  He loves to read the Henry and Mudge book series.



I gave him a little help in getting the size and shape of Mudge.  Medium: colored pencil


Alex's age group gave a list of authors to draw an illustration from.  Lois Lenski was one of the authors in the list.  Since he was a toddler, he has loved the book The Little Farm by Lois Lenski about Farmer Small.  He chose this picture from that book.



I helped him with the shape and size of the cow's head.  Medium: pencil


They both enjoyed drawing these pictures and I'm sure will love seeing it on display at convention in April.


 

1 comment:

  1. Both boys did a GREAT job on the drawings. I'm really impressed. Another talent they inherited from you.

    ReplyDelete