Thursday, April 28, 2011

More Nature


Update on our nests - the robin and cardinal nests are now empty (even before the storms.) Pretty sure a predator got them. Our finch eggs hatched, however, I just checked on them and there are only 3 left in the nest and they look dead. It looks like something got to them because a couple have knicks on their bodies. They don't appear to be breathing, but when I went to the nest, the mother was sitting on it. I guess she'll figure it out.

While Alex was outside today shooting his BB gun, he found a bat in a pine tree. He actually shot it, but I'm not sure it was hurt. He didn't know it was a bat until after he shot it and the bat opened his wings. He said it scared him and he ran to get me. Of course, I had to take pictures. This is in the same tree that we originally found the robin's eggs. I wonder if bats eat eggs...?

No comments:

Post a Comment