Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Our new school organizational system

In order to try to stay more on task with our schoolwork, and to make sure that everything I would like to get done, does get done, we have implemented a new system.  I have made a 12 box schedule out for each day of the school week and laminated them for each boy.  Then I will write on their schedules with wet-erase marker the things I want them to accomplish each day.  After every 3 boxes, they are allowed a break.  I have found that some of the things I dream of the boys doing for their schoolwork gets pushed aside, keeping only the essential school subjects.  We have tried several times to add in typing, nature journal, music, artist study, etc. with no consistency.  I am hoping if I have it written down for the boys to see, it will actually get done.  They understand that there is no TV, Wii, playing outside, etc until all 12 boxes are done.  Today was the first day - our trial day.  Here is what they looked like today:



1 comment:

  1. Keep us posted on how it goes! I am very curious! :-) You are so mean! (No videos or Wii until it's all done?!?! lol)

    ReplyDelete