Tuesday, October 16, 2007

MIssissenewa 1812

I've lived in Grant County my entire life.  The re-enactment of the Battle of Mississenewa during the War of 1812 between the Miami indians and the Americans has been a yearly event for my family.  I grew up with 3 miles of the battlefield.  We have gone down the river by canoe into the Battle re-enactment in past years.  We drove/walked this year.  Even being an "experienced" guest, I didn't know some of the history of the battle until this year.  This year we talked about Indians in school for 2 weeks before the re-enactment weekend. 



We listened to an Indian tell stories.  He's a very good storyteller. 


 

1 comment:

  1. At least your storyteller is wearing clothes! :)


    So cool to see you with a blog! Don't worry, I'll make sure you keep it current.

    ReplyDelete