Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Our Horse Study

During co-op, we read Paul Revere's Ride by Longfellow and this week The Finest Horse in Town.  Last week, in trying to keep with the horse theme, I decided to read and study Mrs. Mack by Patricia Polacco.  VERY GOOD BOOK!  We didn't do a lapbook on any of the books, but instead did a horses lapbook.  When it's completed, I will post pictures.  I wasn't sure how in-depth I was going to get because I didn't know how interested the boys would be in horses.  Turns out they were very interested!  So I had to add more components to the lapbook as the week progressed. 


We went to a co-op family's house that owns a couple horses.  The boys loved being able to feed and touch the horse.  They are ready to try to ride one.  I'm not sure if we can make that happen in the near future, but I have an idea in the works.  If it pans out, I will have pictures later :)  We all have learned many new things about horses this week.  They haven't asked if we can get a horse yet, but if my idea come about and they get to ride one, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that question next.  Just what we need, is another pet (already 8 hamsters, 2 cats and a fish.)


Anyway, here are pictures of them feeding the horse.


No comments:

Post a Comment