Saturday, March 29, 2008

Japan

The setting in Grandfather's Journey is California and Japan.  So, this week we studied Japan some.  We made a small lapbook, nothing outrageous, so I will pass on posting pictures.  It consisted of a Continent book, the flag of Japan, a little Japanese culture and 4 generation books.  It was fun to watch the boys try to remember the first names of their grandparents and great-grandparents.  We also learned how to write a Haiku poem.  Scholastic is having a contest for 2-6 graders' Haiku poems.  Even though Nicolas could not enter, he wrote his own Haiku.  A Haiku poem consists of 3 non-rhyming lines - the first line 5 syllables, the second 7 and the last line 5.  Here are their poems.


Alex's
Extinct animals
That would be so sad to me
I want to save them


Nicolas's
Learning is so fun
I want to learn more in school
I want to be smart.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment