Monday, June 23, 2008

Stars and Starfish

We are doing a ladies bible study at church using the book "You Matter More Than You Think" by Leslie Parrott.  She shares several of her poems in that book and I wanted to share this one.  I may even type it up and frame it in the house somewhere.


 A star and starfish
Appear
To be very much alike
At a glance
And so do, I suppose
We, two.
Yet, how sad
If I should try
To persuade you,
A brilliant shining
From the sky,
Leaving only dark, no glow
To brighten summer nights
Or sparkle diamonds on twilight snow
But neither shall
I be torn
From laughing waves
And splashing sand
On a pale and misty morn.
So I shall swim
And you shall shine
Still,
Our very essence
From the same design.


She then states "'Star' and 'starfish' have become a kind of code between (them), uttered by either side to acknowledge the fact that (they) are indeed different."


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment