Thursday, October 16, 2008

Birds

For Zoology this week, we have been studying nests.  The experiment asked students to try building their own nest out of mud, grass, leaves, weeds, etc.  Then we would try to pick it up to see if it held together. 



If you look closely at the finished product, you will see an awful lot of mud.  The boys started with a glob of mud, then added in the grass, straw, leaves, etc.  When the nests dried, they held together, but, boy were they ever heavy for nests!!



Alex's nest above, and Nicolas's below.



I guess what matters most is that they had fun.  What boy doesn't have fun playing in the mud?

1 comment:

  1. Are you the one who said you don't have energy for hands-on projects? You are silly. I don't think I could've done this one. ;)


    Hey, I beat you for once! I have my pumpkin pictures up! :D

    ReplyDelete