Friday, December 21, 2007

Cookies, Candy and Carols

While listening to our Christmas CDs today, I worked in the kitchen getting our "goodies" ready for Christmas gatherings.  Although I don't enjoy cooking that much, I do enjoy making sweets!  or maybe it's the eating that I enjoy  


The snowman dessert tray was a birthday present.  I collect snowman and saw this in Tennessee while on vacation and asked for it for Christmas.  My mother-in-law got it for my birthday so I could use it this Christmas.


My mom's caramel corn on the right.  Very good!



On the top left - crunchy peanut butter balls, pretzel candies, peppermint bark and chocolate covered pretzels (some with peppermint).



On the left, Oreo cookie bark (some dark and some white chocolate) and more dipped pretzels.


I have a book called Mary Did You Know? written by Mark Lowry based on the song.  I read a little bit to the youth group at church last night and it has gotten me thinking more about how Mary felt and what she actually knew even up until the night He was born.  I'm going to quote a page in the book:


"Did she know about the beatings?  Did she know about Gethsemane?  Did she know about the cross?  Did she know about the resurrection?  I don't think so.  Aren't you glad God gives us just enough light to take the next step?  He doesn't tell us everything that lies ahead.  He gives us just enough information to spark our interest, to encourage us to follow.  And the life-changing events He keeps to Himself...until we're ready for them."


Another pondering question:  When did Jesus know who he was?  To quote a song by Relient K on "Let it Snow baby, Let it Reindeer":


"the first time that you opened your eyes
did you realize that you would be my saviour?
and the first breath that left your lips
did you know that it would change this world forever?"


"i celebrate the day
that you were born to die
so i might one day
pray for you to save my life."


Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. I like the last paragraph in the quote by Reliant K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those goodies look great.

    ReplyDelete