Friday, January 8, 2010

Poetry - Day 3

Poems of Imagination.


We read They're Calling by Flice Holman, The Runaway by Bobbi Katz and, my favorite, One Day When We Went Walking by Valerie Hobbs.


On Day When We Went Walking


One day when we went walking,
I found a dragon's tooth,
A dreadful dragon's tooth.
"A locust thorn," said Ruth.


One day when we went walking,
I found a brownie's shoe,
A brownie's button shoe.
"A dry pea pod," said Sue.


One day when we went walking,
I found a mermaid's fan,
A merry mermaid's fan.
"A scallop shell," said Dan.


One day when we went walking,
I found a fairy's dress,
A fairy's falnnel dress.
"A mullein leaf," said Bess.


Next time that I go walking-
Unless I meet an elf,
A funny, friendly elf-
I'm going by myself!


So the boys tried their hand at writing a poem using their imaginations.


Nicolas's "Football"


I was playing football.
I almost threw the ball.
Then I tripped and fell
the grass flattened out.
I had a muddy back,
so I washed my clothes for the next game.


Alex's "Mysterious Fort"


I looked outside and saw a fort that was brown and green all over.
It's kind of in the shape of a clover.
It's got some poles to swing upon,
Kind of like Tarzan.
But beware - some are dead,
One will hit you in the head.
What could it be?
A tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment