Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sorting through memories

So since we moved I have been meaning to go through all the boys' schoolwork that I have been saving and discarding much of it, keeping only the minimum in order to save storage space.  So all the workbooks that I have been saving, I went through and tore out pages that show an overall view of the work that was done for that subject.  Then I threw out the rest of the workbook.  It's amazing how much space is left over !  Of course I couldn't part with the drawings, stories, book reports and those kinds of "personal things".  It was enough to get rid of the majority of the math and language workbooks.  Whew... I feel so much better. 


The next job to tackle will be the rummage sale stuff.  The books will go to a local bookstore that buys used books or Half Price books and the clothing will go to a local children's clothing resale shop.  The broken toys will go to the landfill :), and the rest will be saved for the summer rummage sales.  BIG JOB that I am not looking forward to, but will breathe easier when I step into the garage once it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment