Monday, October 26, 2009

Lentil Co-op

We read the book Lentil by Robert McCloskey in co-op today.  The fifth graders split from the rest of the group and went on location to a building site to learn more about architecture and how a house is built.  I taught the younger children, so I can't tell you much about what they saw or talked about beyond these pictures.





The younger kids learned about Veterans' Day and wrote an acrostic poem entitled Freedom to give to a vet.  Then they explored their 5 senses at different learning stations. 


Listening station - sound bingo
Touch station - match the shape game (by reaching in a bag and finding the missing puzzle piece only by touch)
Smell station - smell and identify scents inside paper bags
Sight station - Matching game


Finally, the taste station we did together.  We used a soft candy cane to suck the lemon juice from a lemon.


Hopefully I can get pictures soon.  Since I sent my camera with the 5th graders, I will have to bum pictures from one of the other moms. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment